Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Romantic Evening...

Tonight we both came home suffering from all sorts of angry back/neck/shoulder issues. As soon as I got my bag set on a chair, I popped an ibuprofen and an all-natural muscle relaxant. Not to be left behind, dear Vrai did so as well.

We had a particularly exhausting weekend including lots of impulse foods that tasted so darn good, but were definitely not healthy (including an embarrassing call-in order for takeout lasagna... the shame!). It left us feeling... ucky. Heavy, lethargic, and dense. Like mealy potatoes.

Our repentance tonight involves large quantities of fresh greenly juice. Cilantro, we've discovered, has some magical "freeing up" properties. "Freeing up," yes, I believe we'll call it that. After a light supper of crunchy, bright salads, we prepared this juice. We hope that you and your Lovah are close enough to enjoy a Lovahs walk, as well as a romantic evening, as we did, of muscle relaxants and laxatives. *Cheers!*

Penance Juice

...for use after a weekend of loose living

1 cucumber, scrubbed and peeled
2 apples
1 large bunch cilantro
2 inch knob (or more) ginger
Sprinkle of sea salt, if you like

Run all ingredients through a juicer, except the salt. Add in just a teeny pinch of salt if you want and stir briefly before pouring into ice-filled glasses. Don't stray far from home for an hour or two. :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Y'know I started eating better...nothing so auspicious as the two of you, just "better" (lost 15 going on 20lbs too!) and I totally notice the difference when I stray. I got lazy and popped a frozen pizza in the oven for lunch and brought leftovers to work for dinner. Oh, ew. What a mistake. My face got all puffy (can you imagine how much sodium wan in that stuff?) and I felt just about how you did with the lasagna.

I wish I had a juicer. Even though I'm not a real fan of cilantro, I could go for this drink.