Thursday, October 4, 2007
- Melt a TBSP butter, mix with a tsp olive oil.
- Brush endives and mango with butter oil mixture.
- Sprinkle the endives with sugar (I put a bit of sugar on the mango too -- not much is needed but it does lend to some lightly caramelized mango goodness). Substitute sugar for a touch of agave nectar if you wish, I prefer the nectar to sugar at this point.
- 400 degrees (F) for ten minutes
- Brush endives again with butter/oil mix
- Ten more minutes in the oven
I may try this next time with a lemon butter reduction rather than adding the lemon and oil/butter to the endives separately.
Posted by d. vrai at 11:04 PM